Tuesday, April 7, 2009

EIGHT

For spring break, my jewelry design professor gave us quite the hefty project, three earrings and a ring with pearls. But I finally had the chance to branch out and use other things besides bugs as inspiration. For example:
That thing around Jesus' head, not really your everyday halo. That is what I based my following designs on.
I started with some really REALLY rough sketches
Tightened up the designs and painted a few. The one on the left is 18k yellow gold, black pearl post earring. Middle is 18k yellow gold, black pearl, white teardrop pearl, diamond drop earring with sapphire cluster (this is obviously a nod to Metal Monk), and the earring on the right is a fluke. All are pencil and painted in gouache and watercolor. Work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment